Well, the missus and i went last night at midnight and queued up with the jedis, the stormtroopers, the bounty hunters and watched the final (for now!) installment of the StarWars saga!
And the result is VERY good!! Both Charlotte and i loved it. Sure, it had it's daft moments, but it was uber cool, and when it got down to business, it REALLY got down to a dark and bloody business!
It was a great crowd. That makes a difference. Everyone cheered and laughed and clapped enthusiastically, but not to that annoying point. Best crowd moment - at 12:01 when "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...." comes up, someone says "oh wait, i've seen this one"!! everyone disolved....
Anyhow loved it, loved everyone getting their hands dirty, oh boy did Anakin ever go evil. And the aftermath of his duel with ObiWan is severely gruesome! Enough to give kids nightmares for a loooong time!
If I had a list of a few "observations" (not necessarily complaints), they'd be this (SPOILER alert)
- Grevious (cyborg dude with two sabers picture above) was not nearly as invincible as the Clone Wars animated series makes him out to be. Sure he was cool, but he wasn't 10-feet-tall-take-out-6-jedis-a-day ubercool.
- Still no hint about Master Sifo Dias
- Who was Sideous' master he elludes to? Was it this Darth Plegueis the wise? I'm thinking probably, but it's not stated.
- my wife still winges about Leia's quote about remembering her real mother
- Still no cannon explanation of ObiWan and Yoda disapearing instead of leaving a corpse, despite the idea of communing with QuiGon. (the script gives a bit more of a clue, but not much)
- And on that note, couldn't we have seen a blue ghost of QuiGon??